Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Catch up...

So we are almost done with the alphabet!! We review all the letters consistently each week! By now you should be able to point to the letters in the alphabet and your kids should know at least half of them and if this is their second year, they should know at least half the sounds too but probably know all of the letters.  Continue to practice at home, while your reading books, while your driving around, ask them what the Bb says or talk about what things start with the letter H.  Give them the sound and see how many words you guys can think of!!

If you feel like they need a little more practice, the Dollar Tree has cute flashcards. There are also lots of cute apps, my favorite is ABC Tracer.  I think it is a couple bucks but my 6 year old still loves it and has probably been playing it for 3 years.  It has lots of little games on it! I think there is a free version so you can try it out and see if your kiddos like it!

Teaching your kids is easy, when your reading books, just point out the letters in their names, ones they are familiar with.  Lots of kids will often know the first letter of their siblings names too, so you can point those out too.  Just the more you read and sing and talk to your kids, the smarter they will become! I recently went to a class on reading with children and got so much good info! I'm going to see if I can get a packet for each of you, but in the meantime, here were the highlights!!!

But to be totally honest I think all of your kids are smarty-pants.  I don't see any serious issues with any of them. I honestly think they will all do great in school. You parents are all amazing at teaching your kids!! I am blessed to have a great bunch of kiddos!! Just keep up the great work over the summer and they will all be set :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment